To attract sales and get your business off the ground, you’ll want to market your brand, product or services. And for that you’ll need a custom logo design. A fully functional and navigable website too. High-quality content that you can use to build awareness for your brand, those are important too. But how would you make your website visible to your target audience?
Just ensuring brilliant branding tools, a professional site and catchy content does not guarantee higher ranking on SERPs. This is where SEO practices comes to your rescue. The web is already loaded with articles on SEO principles and strategies that every marketer should acknowledge in order to increase traffic and appear on the top pages of a search engine.
Just ensuring brilliant branding tools, a professional site and catchy content does not guarantee higher ranking on SERPs. This is where SEO practices come to your rescue. The web is already loaded with articles on SEO principles and strategies that every marketer should acknowledge in order to increase traffic and appear on the top pages of a search engine. But remember, it cannot happen until you have a fast working site with no downtime. Thus, it is mandatory to always check web host reviews on platforms like Allhostsreviews.com before you finalize your web host.
But had it been so easy, everyone would have ranked in top 10. There are some common mistakes that most of us commit while practicing the SEO strategies.
There is no magic wand to have a great ranking but there are something that you can avoid for better SEO. Let’s check top 10 SEO don’ts for this year.
1. Don’t Respond To SEO E-mail Spam– No outsider will bring you 1000 visitors on a day. You cannot get thousands of quality links in just $20. Train yourself well to ignore such spam mails as the person who is sending these does not even know what audience you cater to or your current ranking on the search engine. Therefore, don’t respond. You will get such spam mails only till the time you respond.
2. Don’t Take Months to implement SEO Strategies – You should consider SEO Strategies from Day 1, the day you start the project. Getting results from SEO strategies takes time. Therefore, don’t wait for too long to implement SEO strategies as the early you do it, the better and faster will be the results. An article published in Seonick.com reveals that an average of 12 billion web searches are conducted each month. Therefore, implement your SEO strategies now so that you are visible to your target audience.
3. Don’t Hire SEO Company in A Haste – Online marketing plays a great role in building the image of your business right from the get go. Therefore, research well and question the companies before zeroing in on one of them for the SEO job. According to Tweakyourbiz, thoroughly vetting an SEO agency prior to hiring them is paramount.
4. Don’t disassociate yourself from the SEO process – Even after you have hired an SEO company, try and know about the different tactics they will be using because in case of a risky strategy, you will be the one who will caught and pay the price.
5. Avoid Content Duplication Over Several Domains – Avoid spreading your content over different domains. Keep a tab if the SEO person is not getting various sites listed in the SERPs.
6. Don’t Use Untargeted Keywords – Avoid using overly-general keywords as it would not help in bringing traffic. Instead, choose specific keywords (though less in number) and focus only on those. For instance, if you are a fictitious lighting company, don’t use keywords such as lights or lighting as they are too common and therefore competitive. There will be less chances of you appearing in the top results.
7. Don’t Stop Creating Great Content – According to seositecheckup.com, more frequently you update your website with articles, downloads, and new web pages, the more frequently a search engine will stop by to visit your website. Therefore, keep adding fresh and unique content to your website. On posting new content, you present more chances for your website to contain more keywords. And one way of creating a keyword-rich content is by having a glossary. You can also have FAQ page and a testimonials page.
8. Don’t Stuff Keywords Into Your Footer – A blog published at TruConversion.com reveals that search engines crawlers as well as your site visitors follow a hierarchy while going through your links! So, having keywords with links at the bottom of your website would not hold that much importance. Don’t spam your footer with keywords.
9. Don’t Check Your SEO Rank Every Day – An article published TruConversion.com states that search engine results keep on changing on a day to day basis. Therefore, don’t waste your time in checking your search engine rankings every day (or even several times a day), as it will keep changing and brings no monetary benefit for you as such. Instead spend the same time in improving your SEO such as creating new content, improving your website design, getting new back-links and other things that will bring your more traffic as well as big bucks.
10. Don’t Develop An Unbalanced Link Profile – Having quality links play crucial in SEO. However you need to be careful as you might face a problem of having an unbalance link profile. Avoid having more than two links from one website as it does not look natural. Make reciprocal links with only high quality, relevant sites and should be just a small part of your entire profile.
We are sure that after going through these tips, you will be well on your way to higher rankings. However, apart from implementing your SEO strategies well, you need to create fresh content that attracts and engages your target audience. It is only after creating a unique piece of content that you should carefully optimize it for search.